Day 3: The No Gulten, Alcohol, Sugar, Animal Product Cleanse

I feel good (na na na na na na na!)

Today (drum roll!) I had a bowl of oatmeal. My ordinary, contaminated oatmeal, because, really, I was over the cream of rice, and I didn't feel like driving all over in search of "acceptable" oatmeal. I just woke up and said, "I want oatmeal, I'm going to have it!" and I did. With antioxidant-loaded blueberries.

Last night G. came over and helped me make tofu tacos with rice and beans and a spinach/mushroom topping. It was pretty simple and delicious, although we used a lot (too much) garlic. Later I was all, "Well hello there, Mr. Blatt. *wink wink*" and he was all, "Um, I love you, and you're cute, but you smell." I can't get no love!

People keep asking me what I'm going to do over the holiday weekend. I'm not sure. I might end the cleanse there. I might do a modded version of it, or I might bring my own food. I'll decide that morning, but I'm not worried. A lot of others pointed out that I should have picked a time that didn't co-inside with a holiday. My only response to that is that there are a million reasons to not start a new diet or a cleanse at any given point of the year: it's new years, it's valentines day, it's saint Patrick's day which means corned beef, it's a bridal shower, it's a baby shower, it's a wedding, it's the fourth of July, it's the dead heat of August, it's back to school time and who HAS THE TIME, you're moving, it's Thanksgiving!, or it's the holiday season with a dozen parties and hundreds of cookies. And somewhere in all that, it's your birthday, your spouse's birthday, your best friend's birthday, your anniversary... There will ALWAYS be something coming up that will give you a good reason to not worry about eating healthfully (or restrictively). Sometimes you need to do what you need to do.