Can't Snip, Mariah's A Drip, Decorating Nixed (for now), and My Boxes Are Hip

Does anyone know how to make paper snowflakes? I went through half a reem of paper, and I still can't make one. I was inspired after watching the movie Elf to decorate with some dangling ones, but I'm not as adept with scissors as Buddy is.

*****

Also: Which is worse to have stuck in your head; Feliz Navidad by José Feliciano or All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey? My vote is for All I Want..

*****

We have a Christmas tree! It's really nice; the local farm stand had tons and tons of gorgeous ones, so picking one took about 30 seconds. He's nice and fat, and spreads out pretty far into the living room, so you have to side step him to get by. I say, though, that it's not a Christmas tree if it's not taking up an obnoxious amount of room, and making a pine needle mess on the floor, which it is.

Rob's Jewish friends asked if they could help decorate since they usually don't get to, so I promised I would wait for them to come before I did anything. They'll be coming next Saturday, so for now I just have a big old tree in my living room.

In the meantime, we put lights and garland outside the house. We don't have an extention cord, though, so we'll have to wait to turn them on.

Basically, I can't decorate my tree, light my lights, or hang paper snowflakes. Grrrr.

*****

Thanks to everyone who backed me up with the storage box issue. I'm always happy to find I'm not crazy, and even happier when I get to say to Rob, "Ha! The internets says I'm right!"

*****