Kosher Thanksgiving...Blah*

I added two more very cool on-line retailers to my "Beyond Amazon.com" list, just in time for the Shopping Season (it's like hunting season, only with no guns and cute shoes... the adreneline rush is the same). You should check them out if you're looking for very '07, one of a kind gifts for folks (or yourself!) A lot of them are independant artists or designers that have an at-home business, so supporting makes you cool!

I'm going to my grandmother's for Thanksgiving, and we'll go to Rob's parents for dessert. I'm so excited about this because my grandmother does Thanksgiving the way it's supposed to be done. There is no room for creativity. There is no deviation from the same receipes she's used for years and years. Martha Stewart's newest casserole does not make an appearance. Mashed potatoes. Gravy. Turnips. Sweet potatoes. That thing my mom does with vegetables and cheese. Cranberry Sauce. It's all there, same as it ever was. This year I don't know what we're going to eat it off of; I opted to not register for fancy china of my own and inherited my grandmother's 50+ year old set instead (and let me tell you, it's exactly what I would have picked out myself!) But whatever! I'll eat it off of tin foil, pressed down flat to make make-shift plates.

No Kosher Thanksgiving for me!

*No offence, Ami.