...And When She Was Bad, She Was HORRID!

My 24 year old daughter is being horrid lately...I thought she understood why her dad & I can't stay married, but apparently, I was dead wrong. It's hard on them at any age, I guess.

My mom wrote this about me to someone who has a blog on Friend Finder. She signed up for Friend Finder a few months ago when her and my dad were splitting up, and became active in the Friend Finder blogging community. You can read her blog here.

I've not really talked about the divorce, because it's not called "Amber's Mom's Life", it's called Amber's Life, and I've got a lot of other stuff going on. That's not the only reason, though. I've also always been protective of my family in terms of not ever publishing anything negitive about them, regardless of how I felt. I try to stick to nice stories from my life, and not only because I want to protect my family and friends from being judged, but because who wants to hear bad stuff? For instance, I wouldn't ever post, "My mother is being mean and this is why" posts, because I just don't think it's fair to let anyone say, or even think, anything mean about my mother who, despite acting in a way I wish she were not in several different areas, is still my mother. And, regardless of what I say about her, if YOU say anything bad about her, I will punch you out.

At least, that's how it USED to be. Apparently, that loyalty doesn't go both ways, so, whatever, now, all's fair to say to the world, and boy, oh man! Have I ever got a lot to say!

This isn't the only time she's said stuff about me online, either. She published an entire blog post about how she's got two kids and only one loves her, and she's at least good enough for one of them, and someone commented something along the lines of, "Our kids must be related! My oldest is being rotten, too!" or something like that. I whipped out my cell phone and told her voice mail that she could say whatever she wanted to my face, but publishing things and letting people publicly bash me when they don't even know me* is pretty low. She deleted it.

And for the record, I couldn't possibly understand all the reasons why two people can't stay married. I don't need to, and, furthermore, I don't want to, because I don't care. Not my marriage, not my damn problem!

*I sound like those teen girls on Maury, the ones on the show "I'm 13 and have slept with 50 men" that shout at the audience, "Shut up! You don't know me! You don't know me!" while everyone boos at them. And I'm always like, "You're right! They don't know you! Shut up, audience!"