What I Learned This Year: 3rd Ed.

What I've learned this year:

It's no fun to be a studio widow. It's much more fun to bring your dog to the studio and stay there recording until well after midnight.

Diamonds from Grandma are best.

Getting engaged while washing dishes is not romantic. It kind of is, though. No, no, it's not.

It's perfectly acceptable to have a menorah next to a Christmas tree.

It is a law of nature that your in-laws will drive you crazy, and you just need to go with the flow.

Wedding presents are the best part of getting married. Oh, wait, that's supposed to be eternal, undying love is the best part. No, it's really the presents.

If your grandmother gets a facelift, you will eventually get used to it. It will take you a while.

The Jews, they are crazy. Dentists, they are crazy as ever. Jewish dentists... don't get me started.

It will take me forever to figure out what to wear to a wedding. I'm guessing my own will be no exception.

It hurts to break up. Even for a weekend, even if you don't tell anyone else about it.

Cataloge shoots are a lot of fun when you're the cheif makeup artist, and the boy models are all super cute!

Don't leave anything where the dog can reach it! He will eat it!

Live music: so awesome. Working with musicians is usually so awesome, too. Drama at work sucks.

Buying a house is an amazing experience. Moving is exausting, but it's better if you have good friends.

There will ALWAYS be projects to get done around the house once you buy it; stuff you hadn't even thought of before. It's usually best to call your father for most of them. (Ceiling fan!)

After a certain point, you just need to hire someone to cut your grass.

If your sweetie gets stuck on a rooftop, it's always best to snap a few pictures before you rescue him. You know, to show the kids one day.

I love Christina Abbott.

Getting a Volkswagon from California to Connecticut is a huge, huge HUGE pain in the ass.

I am marrying someone with the coolest extended family! I've learned that having cousins your age is just as awesome as I thought it would be when I was growing up and wishing for some. I love them so much!

Flying is scary!

There is a really good reason why someone wrote a song about leaving their heart in San Francisco.

I'm a good confidant. Both my future sister-in-law and my future grandmother-in-law have told me insane things that they haven't told anyone else. I feel special!

I learned to say, "Whatever", and mean it. It's my own version of the "Serenity Prayer".

I now know the difference between a 57 and a 58 microphone. I don't know how I feel about this.

Roller derby girls do NOT mess around!

The life-cycle of my yoga mat went like this: Purchased for twenty-five dollars. Removed plastic wrap, neglected for several weeks. Did yoga once for ten minutes. Napped on it for two hours. Shoved it under the couch. Dog pooped on it. Twice. Disposed of yoga mat. I've learned that yoga is, um, not for me.

When there is no cable in the house, you have more time for sex.