My New Flickr Account

At Byron's suggestion, I tried Picasa Web Album, but it wasn't working for me. The download constrains were too limiting for what I needed.

Rob said to me, "How many photos can you possibly have that it's not enough storage?" I showed him, and he said, "Oh, yeah, you're gonna need a lot more. You're going to have to pay for it, too, at this point."

Seriously? I have a LOT of photos!

So, I created another Flickr account (free, limited) and then paid to have it be a "pro" (unlimited) account. That way my regular Flickr account doesn't get flooded with fun, silly images of friends and family, and whatever. I can keep the focus on my amb*r account on improving my photography and sharing shots I really like. (My photography is something that is becoming increasingly important to me, and I'm excited about it.)

I didn't really want to pay for two, but it's only $25 a year, so, you know. Not so big a deal. Two bucks a month.

I'm debating if I want to make it part of my blog or something separate; I'm not sure how public I want it to be, since it will mostly be where I share the majority of my kid's photos. I'll have to talk to Rob about it. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to share it with him. It will be comment-free.

Problem solved!