I Am FILLED With Dread!

So I have this job as a free-lance office worker, and it's pretty ok. I was able to tweak my hours with them, so now I'm working there Monday thru Thursday 9:30 (when the office opens) until 2:30 in the afternoon. I hit morning traffic, but I don't mind traffic going so much as I mind it when I'm trying to get home, so it's not a big deal. (Previously, I had worked there 1:30 - 6:00, which is when the office closed. That traffic was rotten!)

The week of June 11, the regular office manager is going away, and I'll be there all day, every day. That's 9:30 - 6:00, doing office manager-type things. I've done it before, but only for ONE day, not an entire week, so usually it's fine; if I screw something up, the person whose job it is to make sure everything is in order will fix it the next day. Sort of like a back up if I screw up! (ha!)

I'm also worried because it's ALL. DAY. LONG. I know people work full time every single day, but I'm NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. God help me if Rob drops dead (I spit away the evil eye! *pth, pth, pth!*) I'm going to get burned out, and I'm actually filled with dread at the thought of being in an office all day (otherwise, I'd spare you my yammering about work because BOOOOOOOR-ING!)

All this, btw, for eight bucks an hour. (Don't do the math, it's $160 a week.) I should ask for more, but I'm not good at asking for raises, negotiations, etc.

Despite the low pay, it IS worth having the job. One, the money helps out tremendously in our day-to-day life, and two, I am getting a wonderful education working in this office, which is the majority of the appeal to me. It's an all-female office full of sharp, smart women doing media work, and it's inspiring. I've even taken on some media-related responsibility, too, which is super cool.

I'm just feeling overwhelmed about this full week coming up, I suppose. Cranky, even.

As Jen would say, "Suck it up, Cupcake!"

p.s. Totally missed my blog-a-versary on the 28th. Three years blogging! ("Get a life!" says I to myself.)