IM TEACHING GR TO EMAIL ITS TRICKY

Day four: nothing bad happened... yet. But it's only 7:30.

My grandmother called and complained about me not coming to see her enough, so I went up there today to hang out while a guy installed a new bathroom floor for her. She's really stereotypically old and untechy, so it's been my job to teach her to use "that email". She practices by writing and sending daily emails to the only email address she has: mine. It's great. I feel like I'm getting emailed by a deranged mental patient. Don't get me wrong, I'm really proud of her for learning email... but I have a few things to teach her.

Check 'em out...
grandma to me
12/28/06

hi just want to practice because pratice makes perfect


I get my spelling skills from her, obviously.

grandma to me

g mail me if this goes thru date is sat. 30 9;54 love gr


I had to email her back and point out that you didn't have to include the date and time on any email. she forgot the "andma" in her signature.

grandma to me

IWENT TO DANCE TODAY PAUL KING WAS PLAYING AT THE SENIOR CENTER IN NORW


She has a friend, Paul King, who heads up an orchestra, and they do dances at the senior center in Norwalk. (I don't know why she keeps chopping off the end of her emails). I got this email at 9:30 this morning, and was under the impression that the dance started at 6 am if I got it so early. She told me she meant to send it the day before. I need to point out that email is instantaneous. And that capital letters are like screaming. And what punctuation is.

Still, I'm proud of the progress she's made. "By this time next year," I said, "you'll have your own flickr account!"

She looked at me blankly.

Baby steps.