Stuff I Did This Weekend... In No Particular Order Except "Random"

This weekend Jen suggested a method of handling my over-meddling in-laws that left me shocked and amused and her husband (who is, in his words, "...A PASTOR! HELLO!") quite horrified. I shouldn't actually say what she said, but it's really wonderfully funny. Then she felt guilty.

I went to her parent's house for dinner; I don't think I've been there since she got married. Her little sister told the story of the first time she ever tried to shave (she was nine. there was blood everywhere. we all cringed.) and I had to explain to her grandmother how I met my fiance (awkward!) But I had a lot of fun.

We decided on bridesmaid dresses, and then we weren't sure, and then it was, um, fairly certain, and now... I dunno.

My dress however? Done and done! I'm having it made by a simple silhouettes in NYC. No crazy poofy ball gown for me.

I watched Fiddler on the Roof.

The wording for our invitations is final. FINALLY! What a pain in the tuckus!

Tuckus?

Too much Fiddler.

Too many cookies, too. Jen made these killer cookies with jam in them, and I ate way too many, and she let me do the drizzle on top, and I didn't do a good job.

I bought my first Christmas presents this week.

Stu sent me a "Happy your wedding date is closer" present. Or maybe a "Happy engagement" present? I don't know why she sent one, but I love it. It's a snowman mat for the front porch for when I decorate for Christmas and Hanukkah. She called for my address, and when I asked what she was sending me, she said it was a "Christmas card"... LIAR! That's ok. It was a good surprise.