If This Is My Gift From God, I'm Gonna Need That Receipt!


Idiot.


Right after I made the rule "No going on the roof to clean the gutters while I'm not there", someone "forgot" and climbed up anyway while at the house alone. I made this rule because the last thing I need is Rob falling off the roof and slowly bleeding to death in the backyard, because seriously, he's not the most graceful person in the world and him falling to his demise is entirely possible. Then, if he dies, who the hell else is going to marry me? NO ONE!

He called me in the apartment while I was taking my usual post-opening shift nap. I had passed out on top of the covers; I was going to climb in but I fell asleep before I finished. That's how tired I was, and how UN-ethused I was about getting up before I was through sleeping.

I mumbled a hello into the phone and got: "Um, I know you said that I shouldn't go on the roof when you weren't around, but I forgot, and now I can't get down because of where the ladder is, so can you come over and move it for me and we don't ever have to talk about this ever again and I love you so much, you'll come right? ... Honey?"

"What? Ugh. You seriously can't get down by yourself?"

"No. And I'm really scared. Please just come. I tried everything before I called you."

So I got up and threw on my flip flops and got half-way to my car before I turned around and grabbed my camera.