Housey Goodness!

Monday morning at 8:30 we did a final walk-through of the house. Everything was as it should be, so we headed over to the lawyers office. It was papers papers papers, signing signing signing, and then, THEN, I had a brand new shiny key in my hand!

Rob, who up until this point had absolutely refused to get the least bit excited before all papers were signed, grinned and got giddy which is really cute. We walked out into the parking lot, and I burst into tears, because WE HAVE A HOME! With a YARD! A nice big living room! Did I mention the breakfast nook?! Cause there's a breakfast nook! Rob did the thing he does when we're both really happy: he squished my head against his chest and we both cracked up and hugged each other, and caused a bit of a scene, and his mother rolled her eyes at both of us. But whatever! We're homeowners! Mazel Tov to us!

Jen and Micah came over and the guys talked about manly things while Jen and I danced in the middle of the living room. (It was the new house dance.)

In the past three days one or both of us has been to Home Depot seven times. SEVEN! This is about six trips too many. I've collected dozens of paint chips and spread them out over the table. Out of all the decorating decisions we'll have to make, color is going to be the most important. I'm REALLY picky about color. I would love something and he would hate it, and then vice versa. We settled on one combo, and then I decided I hated it, so we switched it around and I loved it for about five minutes, and then I hated it. And on and on. I think, though, we've finally SETTLED, but I need to confirm with Jen. Because even though I'm sure, now, that this is IT, the final color combo, and I'm not going to bug my fiance by changing it again, I might change my mind anyhow.

And then maybe one more time.

We put up our brand new mezuzah first thing, because you can't put anything in the house without having it up. It's a little container that holds a scroll with a blessing for the home written in Hebrew. I translated the blessing into English and put THAT on a scroll and tucked it into the mezuzah, too, which isn't very traditional, but it was meaningful to me.

Pics tomorrow!