Amber is the Color of Stupidity

I looked at my work schedule carefully. I was definitely opening the store today, which means starting at 5:30 am. It sucks, but then it's alright after the first hour because you get used to it, and then you are free the rest of your day when you get out at, the latest, 2 in the afternoon.

I got there a few minutes early, a model Starbucks employee, if half asleep.

"Um, you're not working here this morning." said the shift supervisor.

"I am too!" I looked. The other Amber that works there was doing my usual morning job of unloading the pastry case. She smiled and shook her head.

I marched back to where the schedule was. Did I miss-read which Amber was on duty this morning? (I had done it once before, and so had she. Our names are right next to one another). No, it definitely said 5:30 for me to start working. The shift supervisor came up behind me and pointed.

"It's PM."

They both laughed at me. I groaned (up so early! for naught!), smacked my forehead, dramatically announced I would return in 12 hours, and drove home. A thought floated across my mind: Now that I was up I had the entire day to be productive.

"Right." I said out loud.

I was asleep before my head hit the pillow, and when I got up again, it was a more proper hour to get up: noon.