Silver Thunderbird

Don’t gimme no buick
Son you must take my word
If there’s a God in heaven
He’s got a silver thunderbird
You can keep your eldorados
And the foreign car’s absurd
Me I wanna go down
In a silver thunderbird


I'm pretty sure my new car isn't what Marc Cohn had in mind... the paint is sort of chipping, it shakes when you hit about 70, things in it are broken and it makes clicking noises, but I really really like it (and it really is a Sliver Thunderbird!). It's cozy, the power steering works, the high beams work and so does the squirty window washing thing; all things I certainly cannot say about my previous car, the Cavity. I always took the squirty window washing thing for granted, and then it broke. Do you know how pathetic it feels to have a technique for washing the windshield that consists of following the car in front of you too closely so that water sprays up, and then quickly running the wipers? This is what I was living with. That, and I would drive blocks out of my way just to avoid certain corners because the power steering failed, and it hurt my wrists too much to turn the corners. This car turns like...I dunno. Really smooth. (Sorry, I spent the day in DMV and I'm not in the mood for similes.)

Yeah. I dig my new car, even though it still smells like Patrick (which, come to think of it, is not so bad a smell).

In another I-have-great-friends moment: Patrick gave me his old car. Well, technically he sold it to me for $5. We figured that this would be easier than him gifting it to me, but the lady at the DMV told me I could look forward to being audited. *sigh* I'll deal with that when the time comes. In the meantime, I have one less thing to worry about. Now, about a job... just don't even ask.

By the way, apparently March is not a good month for a lot of people, so if you just broke up with your girlfriend, or your best friend is moving away, if you found out your 16 year old sister is pregnant, if you're living with a boyfriend think you're breaking up with, or if some psycho chick has just moved into your laundry room, you have my sympathy, and you're in my prayers. Well, everyone except anyone who just had a psycho chick move into their laundry room. You're actually very lucky. You'll see.