Finding Brightsides

Today is the last day of work for me. I'm invited to work the every other Saturdays for half a day, still, but I need to find another job. After waiting a week and not hearing from Park Ave., I gave them a call. The office manager told me they had hired someone else. I kind of saw that coming, but I was like "oh, well, they told me I had the job!"

"Yeah, well, they hired someone else that they thought was a better fit, but we'll hang onto your resume and you never know because we might need someone in the future, blah blah blah..."

They couldn't pick up the phone and call me? Bitches!

I was going to write them a letter giving them a piece of my mind, but then I thought "ooo, a letter. Yeah, Amber, that'll show them." I really just want to point out the fact that they set me back a week and a half with job hunting, but in the end I don't think they'd care that much, and besides, I can't afford the stamp!

Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep this house neat, but last night I got home and there were food remainders all over the coffee table. Someone had picked the onions out of his sandwich and there was lots of garlic, apparently, because the entire downstairs smells like a fat Italian guy.

I'm debating leaving it there in hopes that one of the slobboons I live with will take care of it. I'm not optimistic. See, I'm not the neatest person on earth (Look, mom, I'm saying it for you: "That's an understatement!") so if things are sort of cluttered, I can deal. Food left out, however, is another story. It’s the bacteria conscious dental assistant in me.

Also: I decided that sleeping in the basement isn't terrible. With the space heater it's warm, and it's really private, and there are outlets for my stuff. Plus, with the air filter, it's not as dusty and moldy. Besides, sleeping on a mattress in ma basement is just so terribly bohemian, don't you think?