It's Stew Leonard's, Bitches!

We found out last night that the only thing worse than eating like an Amber is eating like Amber and Paige. I got lost going to Paige’'s house in Fairfield (lost in the WOODS!) so by the time I got there, we were starving. We trekked down to Stew Leonard's in Norwalk looking for food. Stew'’s is huge, though, and overwhelming enough when you'’re feeling normal. When you’'re hungry and meandering around this huge store, you take on the look of a heavily-medicated mental patient out on a day pass.

There'’s a good reason you'’re not supposed to grocery shop hungry.

We wandered around sampling stuff and getting distracted by the creepy retro dancing puppets... all of which were singing, swaying and contributing to our hunger-induced ADD.

They have a selection of hot food that I used to love when I was younger, but it didn't look really appetizing. Maybe because it was late, but it looked "“picked over”", as Paige put it.

“"Fried chicken?"” I suggested.

Paige made the “"blah"” face and rubbed her stomach. She'’s been feeling "“poopy"” lately.

“"Mashed potatoes?"”
"No."
“"Pasta?"”
"Boring."
“"Sandwiches?”"
"Eh."

I think we reached the point where we were picking stuff up and putting it down again without actually acknowledging what it was. (At least I was.)

“"Well, what are we going to eat, Bitches?“" Paige yelled. (She calls everything "Bitches", and it’s really funny. I’'m pretty sure it’s a sorority girl thing).

We settled on the following: Mexican appetizer - corn chips with lime and guacamole with serious onion content; Italian entrée - a bruschetta pizza with serious garlic content and German apple strudel for dessert. Talk about a gross combo. It’s been 24 hours and my breath is STILL humming!