Christmas Questions

From Pratt over at Monday Bunday.

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, because my Starbucks-Eggnog experience goes like this: "Can I have my eggnog latte steamed to 190 degrees?" "I can do that, but eggnog actually has eggs in it, and at that temperature, they'll scramble. I recomend a lower temperature." "I don't care, that's what I want."

Result: Scram-nog latte. When you pour, it plops!

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Our presents are wrapped and ribboned (NOT bowed), with curly ribbons.

Six-inch ribbon curls, honey!

I love wrapping gifts! There's one or two that are double wrapped and sealed with multiple layers of packing tape because someone has a problem waiting. That would be me.

Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored outside; Target sold out of white, and I was upset at first, but I love the colors now. White on the tree for that romantic December glow.

Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, and then place it in socially awkward places. Then, when people are over I can be an ass and go, "Oh ho ho! Look where you two are standing!"

When do you put your decorations up? Gradually, usually the first week of December.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? MY candied yams, which are (ahem) betterthangrandmas. Donttellher.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Prying ornament hooks out of my baby brother's fist (I felt so grown up and made my parents so proud!), and the cat climbing the tree.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I never believed in Santa.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Always. Even if it overlapps with a Hanukkah night. Then I get two!

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Tipsy, with Stus and Jews.

Snow?
Not yet.

Can you ice skate? No.

Do you remember your favorite gift?
Still my red scarf :) I'm eyeballing any half-carat diamond earring box shaped gifts under the tree, but so far, nope.

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Staying sane.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
My Aunt Laura's bread pudding/flan.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
ChristmaHanukkah Party!

What tops your tree?
My grandmother's star.

Which do you prefer: Giving or Receiving? Giving (nevermind that I mean giving gifts to myself. "Just what I wanted!" Like you don't!)

What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Christmas for the Jews (Fuck Hanukkah)

Candy Canes
- I wish I liked them. I really do! But I don't. I made reindeer candy canes, which are really cute.