The Big E '06

We went to the Big E yesterday, and I would have pictures like I did last year, but my camera keeled over and died in my hands. No amount of button pressing or swearing (I did lots of both) would revive it.

I'm too old now to eat anything I want, and I've learned this the hard way. I did get my delicious kettle corn, and a maple milk shake (Rob actually got it, and I drank half). I had a funnel cake, too, which? So horrendous for you! But yet? So wonderful to eat! Aaaaand... when I went back and asked if, maybe, they could put just a little more powdered sugar on it, please, the guy topped it with enough of the stuff to make me look like Scarface! I was happy.

Two highlights of the day.

1. Baby pigs! The mother laid down in a corner and trapped one of her pigglets in the triangle between the pen and her back. A really lanky guy who was about 20 leaned way over and scooped it up to free it. While the pigglet was in the air, it squealed really loudly in protest in cute little pig squeals.

2. The petting zoo. In the back of the tent was a pen with a kangaroo who was sleeping on its side away from the crowd. I said to Rob, loud enough for the little kid next to me to hear, "Hm. I guess the kangaroo is dead." He looked up at me shocked, and I nodded solemly. He made a face at me, and I moved on before his mother kicked my ass. (For the record, he was being a brat.)

Today, I will spend the day recovering.