Get Mad

Well, I'm staying part time at my job for now, but it means I don't have health benefits. It's amazing. We live in one of the the richest countries in the world, but about 40 million of us have no health benefits. If I have a catastrophic accident while I'm uninsured, it will ruin my credit for the rest of my life. Approxametly 18,000 people a year die in the United States because they don't have health insurance. If you have diabetes and are uninsured, you are three times more likely to be hospitalized than those with insurance. If you're the uninsured victim of breast cancer, you've got a 30-50% greater chance of dying than your insured peers. Furthermore, if this country is so great, why are citizens dying daily because they can't afford medical care, or medicine they need, or even proper nutrition? Why are there 35 million Americans living below poverty level (want to speculate on how many of them also don't have health insurance?)

Is this acceptable to the American public? Apparently. The most popular magazine in the United States, after all, is People. This is a stupid magazine dedicated to chronicalling the mundane details of the lives of celebriteis. Do an informal poll... ask people around you who's running for congress, and then ask them to give you a history of J.Lo's dating habits. Guess which one most people have better knowledge of? Millions of women my age read this garbage, but TWENTY MILLION AMERICAN WOMEN AGES 18-24 DON'T VOTE!

"We are products of lifestyle obsession. Murder, crime, poverty do not concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with five hundred cannels and a designer name on my underwear." -T.D.