Creepy Dreams

I can't believe I'm awake.

It's 3:50 in the morning, and I woke up an hour ago, heart pounding, from a bad dream. It was the sort of dream where you're running from the bad guy and then you say to yourself "duh! I'm ok! I can just wake up!" and you do, and then all is well. However, in this case all is NOT well because I have to be at work in four and a half hours, and will be miserable all day from lack of sleep. This is what I get for drinking on weekdays.

My house is kind of creepy at night (actually, it's kind of creepy in broad daylight, too, so now it's extra-creepy. Or creep-i-rific. Maybe creepified to the nth degree. It's late and I'm tired. I'll get back to you on that one.) I hate it.

Here's hoping I'm going to be able to go back to sleep. I'm not anticipating an easy time since I'm in a creepy house after a scary dream, I'm not tired at all (I feel energetic enough to run six laps 'round the house!) and it sounds like "Songs of the Whales" in my torso. I had no idea that half a bologna sandwhich and cabbage soup took so much noise to digest. I'm not a stomach, so maybe I just don't know these things, but it is my opinion that Gastro is being a little bit too noisy. Is it the alcohol, or usual late night/early morning rumblings I am typically unaware of? If I never find out, I will be a happy lady.